With over 20 years experience coaching, mediating, facilitating, training, consulting and public speaking, Betty is highly regarded as a Conflict, Change and Leadership Specialist. Driven by her desire to enhance the health and vitality of congregations, organizations and their leaders, Betty specializes in working with complex challenges, transforming congregations and workplaces through custom-designed support and engagement. Betty’s capacity to care deeply for her clients, to listen well and to provide wise and sage support allows her to help her clients set a direction for tough, meaningful and important conversations resulting in positive change.
Betty brings a wealth of experience to her work, having worked with a wide range of congregations and organizations, both nationally and internationally. Betty has extensive education (BTh, BA, MTS), training and experience in coaching, mediation, negotiation, consensus building, consultation, facilitation, and congregational/organizational health. As Co-Founder and CEO at Credence & Co., Betty’s great joy has been the opportunity to mentor and support the growth of the Credence & Co team. Betty is a Chartered Mediator with the ADR Institute of Canada and a member of the ADR Institute of Ontario. Outside of her work with Credence & Co., Betty is a regular instructor at the University of Waterloo. In addition, Betty is a PhD Candidate at VU (Free University Amsterdam) through whom she is working on a thesis on the topic of conflict transformation.
I can provide practical help by:
- facilitating dialogues related to conflicts and misunderstandings
- leading meetings as you work through contentious issues
- coaching your leadership team as your organization moves through change
- designing and leading workshops geared to your particular circumstances
- helping your organization heal after a difficult termination or change in leadership
- teaching your team how to communicate and collaborate more effectively
- demonstrating how to build and improve relationships by enhancing mutual understanding and respect
- engaging your team in strategic planning exercises
Chartered Mediator through Alternative Dispute Resolution Canada
Certified Mediator by Mediation Services
Member of Alternative Dispute Resolution Ontario
B.A. and M.A. in Theological Studies, B.A. History
2011 Distinguished Alumni Service Award Recipient From Conrad Grebel University College